- AFTER CREATING DJ, RESTART SERVER
- ALWAYS USE THE PASSWORD FORMAT USERNAME:PASSWORD -- NOTE THE : BETWEEN THE USERNAME AND PASSWORD, THIS WOULD BE THE USERNAME AND PASSWORD YOU USED WHEN YOU CREATED THE DJ
- USE THE DJ PORT, CHECK YOUR CENTOVA V3 QUICKLINKS SECTION FOR THE SHOUTCAST V1 DJ PORT
- CLIENTS SHOULD USE SHOUTCAST V1, EVEN THOUGH YOUR ON A V2 SERVER YOU SHOULD STILL USE SHOUTCAST V1 SETTING IN YOUR LIVE SOURCE SOFTWARE.
After hours of beta testing over the past few months, Centova v3 + SHOUTcast2 Server + SC_TRANS AUTO DJ -- Automated and Seamless Switching between Auto DJ & Live Broadcast is now working great! Here are a few of the most common mistakes clients/dj's make when trying to connect.
(1) Even though your using a SHOUTcast 2 server, you should still use the SHOUTcast v1 format / method in your live source software (ie. Sam Broadcaster, Win Amp Broadcaster, NiceCast, etc). If your software does give you a choice between SHOUTcast 1 and SHOUTcast 2... Choose SHOUTcast 1.
(2) Ports -- Check the quick links section of your Centova v3 / SHOUTcast v2 server, look for the Live Connection information near the bottom, use the dj port listed under SHOUTcast (v1) in the server type section. This is a very common mistake clients make, if you try to use your main port it will not work!
(3) Password Format -- When you create a dj account, you choose a username and password
- use only lowercase letters, no characters, spaces or numbers!
- use format username:password -- not the : between the username and password
AUTO DJ MUST BE RUNNING FOR THIS TO WORK!!
If you have problems when you first connect, you may need to just restart the server after you create the dj, when the auto dj starts again, try to connect. If you still have problems, try to delete the dj and use a different username/password combo, restart and try again.
- 0 Users Found This Useful
The MP3 key is only required if you stream in mp3 format, if you choose to broadcast in AAC+...
THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST COMMON PROBLEM NEW CENTOVA V3 USERS HAVE -- IF YOUR USING SHOUTCAST V2...
The DJ manager allows you to create and configure DJ accounts allowing your station's DJs to...
To create a DJ account: In the navigation panel at the left-hand side of the screen,...
This issue can be caused by the Bit rate! -Bit rate: Specifies the bit rate at which the autoDJ...